Living In My Shoes

This blog is about sharing our lives with each other. Please comment and let us all into your shoes. I promise to let you into mine!

9/09/2006

Hey, bloggers!!

I know it has been forever since I last posted. I love, love books of every type!!!! Today I have decided to list my top ten favorite authors!!!! I will try to list my top tens at least once a month!! Here they are:

1. Jane Austen ( the one author every woman should read and the writer of my favorite books Pride and Prejudice and Emma )

2. Daphene Du Maurier ( I love, love Rebecca)

3. Jodi Picault ( Everyone should read The Pact and My Sister's Keeper, which had me sobbing at the end. I own every single one of her books and lend them our to all my friends. I recommend her to everyone.)

4. Gerda Weissman ( A Holocaust survivor who has a beautiful heart and even better books. Read her memoirs in All But My Life)

5. Maya Angelou ( Maya is my favorite poet and her book I Know Why The Cadged Bird Sings speaks volumes about her difficult life)

6. JK Rowling (I think everyone agrees that Harry Potter is the number one most beloved fictional character of all time! I absolutely love her books)

7. Stephen King ( the master at terrifying you into locking yourself into a room while reading his book....he is just too good. The Shining will make you think twice about staying in any hotel)

8. Andrew Morton ( the book Diana: Her True Story is a deep and compelling biography on one of the most loved woman in England: Princess Diana)

9. Agatha Christie ( the most famous mystery writer in the world....need I say more. She created my all time favorite dective Mr. Hercule Poirot )

10. Sofie Kinsella ( Her Shopaholic novels are adorable and funny....my favorite type of chick lit)

Here are some extra writers that are just a great to read:

*Any of the Bronte Sisters

* Louisa May Alcott

*Jane Green

*Jennifer Weiner

*Jill Churchhill

*Emily Griffin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Online Degree Programs